Physical Therapy (PT): Doctorate (DPT) vs. Master’s (MPT)

QuestionsCategory: Post-GradPhysical Therapy (PT): Doctorate (DPT) vs. Master’s (MPT)
admin Staff asked 6 years ago

What is the difference between Doctorate (DPT) and Master’s (MPT) in Physical Therapy?

1 Answers
moderator Staff answered 1 month ago

A MS in PT is no longer available; all students interested in PT must get an Doctorate in order to practice. However, you do not need a masters degree in order to apply to PT programs; you can apply as soon as you get your bachelors degree.