Placement exam to bypass Math 102

QuestionsCategory: PrerequisitesPlacement exam to bypass Math 102
Anonymous asked 3 years ago

Can I take a placement exam to get out of Math 102? I understand that I can take the CPT to get out of Chem 100 and I was wondering if I could do the same for math.

1 Answers
moderator Staff answered 3 years ago

Yes you can take a placement to get out of Math 102/L. It’s called the Math Placement Test (MPT). The test is a tiered so that means it depends on how well you do. If you score high enough, then you might be able to test out of not only math 102, but possibly 104 and/or 105. You can click here and go to the tab that says “on-campus exams” to register for the MPT.